Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: My hatred for Republicans just got stronger.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    My hatred for Republicans just got stronger.

    As most of you know I play online poker, I make enough to keep spending money here at school, I dont use it as a job or anything but it keeps me living. Anyway, our great US Government (specifically our good friend from TN) decides to tie an online gambling ban to Port Authority? Looks as if the government is now telling me how to spend my money.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My hatred for Republicans just got stronger.

    I don't hate anybody and don't hate democrats persay as a whole but I have a pretty strong dislike for left-wing liberals. They will ultimately lead to the downfall of this country in my opinion. The ACLU is an embarrassment to me as a U.S. citizen.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My hatred for Republicans just got stronger.

    I intensely dislike them all. It matters not whether or not they are Republican or Democrat. These folks have never had to bust their [censored] to make a living. They sit in their cozy mansions/ suites, caring not about me, you, or any other working folk, and election after election we have 2 crooks and we have to decide which is the lesser of two evils that we have to chose from. I get tickled hearing folks go at it on here and other sites about politics. They could care less about all of us.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My hatred for Republicans just got stronger.

    Kind of my line of thinking
    There seems to be more than a fair share of idiots on both sides

    Its really hard to get good candidates because they have to 'play the game' to get a nomination from the party. There are a few who will give up something less important to get something more important but most of the time, that only lasts a term or maybe two at most, then they have to say/do whatever it takes to be reelected.

    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  5. #5
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: My hatred for Republicans just got stronger.

    [ QUOTE ]
    I intensely dislike them all. It matters not whether or not they are Republican or Democrat. These folks have never had to bust their [censored] to make a living. They sit in their cozy mansions/ suites, caring not about me, you, or any other working folk, and election after election we have 2 crooks and we have to decide which is the lesser of two evils that we have to chose from. I get tickled hearing folks go at it on here and other sites about politics. They could care less about all of us.

    [/ QUOTE ] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Bingo (i really like this game)

  6. #6
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My hatred for Republicans just got stronger.

    I remember my grandfater fussing about the election almost every year because he didn't like the democratic nominee or the patform of the party but he would vote for them anyway because that is what the union said to do and if they found out that he voted republican it wouldn't be good.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My hatred for Republicans just got stronger.

    [ QUOTE ]
    I remember my grandfater fussing about the election almost every year because he didn't like the democratic nominee or the patform of the party but he would vote for them anyway because that is what the union said to do and if they found out that he voted republican it wouldn't be good.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Therein is the problem. Too many people are easily swayed to give their vote recklessly. The friend I mentioned in my earlier post was from a family of Democrats...you know, his dad, mom, grandparents, etc. He broke away from the Dem party strictly because of their national platform.
    I have voted for Democrats in the past, and will continue to do so if its a close personal friend in a local office whose morals and values are the same as mine. I've found that a lot of folks are Dems because of their family ties and nothing else. I've encouraged my kids to think for themselves, examine the candidates and cast their votes based on their own convictions. I'm thankful that they all take part in the process and have voted every election since they have been eligible. How have they voted? I have no idea because I respect their privacy.
    Its not too hard to peg the oldest daughter, as she pretty much says what she thinks anyway. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My hatred for Republicans just got stronger.

    Hate is a pretty strong word. As a friend just this past Saturday said to me "I don't see how anyone can claim to be a Christian and support the Democratic Party's platform."

    While I agree with his statement, I also recognize that there is plenty in the Republican Party that bears scrutiny.
    I don't hate Democrats, nor do I even dislike them. But I do have a strong aversion to their national platform.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My hatred for Republicans just got stronger.

    Hate is a strong word. I had to change my post a little.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My hatred for Republicans just got stronger.

    I think thats my problem, there is parts on both programs that I don't like or disagree with. That's one of the biggest reasons I have a hard time of people 'being' a Democrat or Republican. I mean its fine to have a mostly conservative view or a mostly liberal view, but I can't stand just supporting someone due to their party.

    At one point, I would have loved to have gotten into politics, but the realization that you can't do what you think is right, no matter which party you are in, unless it about goes with the bigwigs of that party is extremely discouraging.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •